Pacific and Clatsop Counties are known throughout the region for their tourist attractions, but how long has it been since you visited these sites?
As a “local tourist,” the Hometown Tourism Days on Saturday, Nov. 10, and Sunday, Nov. 11 (Veterans Day), might be just the ticket for you.
Local sites are working together to offer free or reduced admissions or other special deals on these days to encourage their neighbors to come and see what they have to offer.
Here is a list of the special activities available:
• Northwest Carriage Museum, 314 Alder St., Raymond, Wash.: 50 percent off admission, and 10-percent gift shop discount, 10 a.m. to 4 p.m. Saturday and Sunday.
• Pacific County Historical Society Museum and Visitor Center, milepost 54, U.S. Highway 101, South Bend, Wash.: free admission, noon to 3 p.m. Saturday and Sunday.
• Willapa National Wildlife Refuge, milepost 24, Highway 101, Wash. (no dogs beyond the parking lots): free admission 10 a.m. and 1 p.m. guided walks; Art and Cutthroat Climb Trails; sunrise to sunset, Saturday and Sunday.
• Cranberry Museum & Gift Shop, 2907 Pioneer Road, Long Beach, Wash.: free admission, 10 a.m. to 5 p.m. Saturday and Sunday.
• World Kite Museum, 303 Sid Snyder Drive West, Long Beach, Wash.: $1 off admission, 11 a.m. to 5 p.m. Saturday and Sunday.
• Long Beach Peninsula Visitor Bureau, 3914 Pacific Way (corner of Highway 101 and Washington State Route 103), Seaview, Wash: Mention “Hometown Tourism” for a free canvas bag filled with information about local sites, 10 a.m. to 4 p.m. Saturday and Sunday.
• Cape Disappointment State Park, Ilwaco, Wash.: free park admission, $5 admission to Lewis and Clark Interpretive Center, 10 a.m. to 5 p.m. Sunday.
• Columbia Pacific Heritage Museum, 115 S.E. Lake St., Ilwaco, Wash.: free admission 10 a.m. to 4 p.m. Saturday.
• Fort Columbia State Park, Chinook, Wash: free admission to the grounds, including trails, dawn to dusk Sunday.
• Knappton Cove Heritage Center, Historic U.S. Quarantine Station, three miles east of the Astoria Bridge, Washington State Route 401, Wash.: free admission to the Columbia River’s “Ellis Island,” 2 p.m. talk on 1918 Flu Pandemic, museum and Nature Path, 1 to 4 p.m. Saturday.
• Oregon Film Museum, 732 Duane St., Astoria: free item for mentioning “Hometown Tourism,” 11 a.m. to 4 p.m. Saturday and Sunday.
• Flavel House Visitor Center, 714 Exchange St.: free Astoria Bicentennial souvenir for mentioning “Hometown Tourism,” 10 a.m. to 4 p.m. Saturday and Sunday.
• Heritage Museum, 1618 Exchange St., Astoria: free Oregon Historical Quarterly for mentioning “Hometown Tourism,” 11 a.m. to 4 p.m. Saturday.
• Bumble Bee Seafoods Hanthorn Cannery Museum at Pier 39, 100 39th St., Astoria: free admission, chowder and cake, take a selfie with the new June Hog display, 9 a.m. to 6 p.m. Saturday and Sunday.
• Columbia River Maritime Museum, 1792 Marine Drive, Astoria: free Quarter Deck magazine for mentioning “Hometown Tourism,” 9:30 a.m. to 5 p.m., Saturday and Sunday.
• Astoria Column, Astoria (on top of Coxcomb Hill): free parking for mentioning “Hometown Tourism,” 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. Saturday and Sunday.
• Fort Stevens State Park, Warrenton: Wild Mushroom Hike, meet at Coffenbury Lake Picnic Shelter A, 1 p.m. Saturday.
• Lewis and Clark National Historical Park, Fort Clatsop, 92343 Fort Clatsop Road, Astoria: Ranger programs 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. Saturday; ranger programs and free admission 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. Sunday.
• Seaside Museum & Historical Society, 570 Necanicum Drive, Seaside: free admission, 10 a.m. to 3 p.m. Saturday.
• Seaside Aquarium, 200 N. Prom, Seaside: free admission with donation of two cans of food per person, 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. Saturday and Sunday.
• Seaside Inverted Experience, 111 Broadway St., No. 7, Seaside: seasideinverted.com, $2 off regular admission, 10 a.m. to 3 p.m. Saturday; 10 a.m. to 6 p.m., Sunday.
• Cannon Beach History Center, 1387 S. Spruce St., Cannon Beach: free admission; free Sleepy Monk Coffee, hot chocolate, tea and cider bar; 20-percent gift shop discount, 11 a.m. to 4 p.m. Saturday and Sunday.
• Jewell Meadows Wildlife Area, 79878 Oregon Route 202, Jewell: free wildlife viewing with valid Wildlife Area Parking Permit, all day, Saturday and Sunday.